October 20 & 21, 2019
See the beautiful and inspiring architecture of Trinity UMC
Trinity United Methodist Church traces its roots to a teaching mission at 22nd & Indiana founded in 1858. The present building is its 5th location, begun with the construction of the community house--the northern portion of the current building--in 1924. Construction of the Gothic sanctuary was delayed by the Great Depression, but it was completed in 1940. Remarkable stained glass windows by Hungarian immigrant John Boesze were added in the 1960s and 1970s. The master plan for the building was completed in 1957 with the addition of a Modernist chapel enclosing the courtyard.